top of page

Nurse Erin Chat

Public·162 members

Monica Discography 19952010

Download File https://blltly.com/2ttHQq

Monica Discography 1995-2010: A Review of the R&B Legend's Career

Monica is one of the most successful and enduring R&B artists of all time. Since her debut in 1995, she has released eight studio albums, one extended play, and 35 singles, including six as a featured artist. She has sold over 5.3 million albums in the United States alone, and has topped the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart in three different decades. In this article, we will review her discography from 1995 to 2010, and highlight some of her achievements and challenges along the way.

Miss Thang (1995)

Monica's first album, Miss Thang, was released in July 1995, when she was only 14 years old. The album was a commercial success, selling about 1.5 million copies in the United States. It also produced three top ten singles on the Billboard Hot 100: "Don't Take It Personal (Just One of Dem Days)", "Before You Walk Out of My Life", and "Why I Love You So Much". Monica became the youngest artist ever to have two consecutive chart-topping hits on the Billboard Hot R&B Singles chart with "Don't Take It Personal" and "Before You Walk Out of My Life". The album showcased Monica's mature vocals and confident attitude, and established her as a rising star in the R&B scene.

The Boy Is Mine (1998)

Monica's second album, The Boy Is Mine, was released in 1998, and earned her major international chart success. It peaked at number eight on the Billboard 200, and was certified three-times platinum in the United States and Canada. The album was propelled by its lead single, "The Boy Is Mine", a duet with fellow R&B teen singer Brandy. The song was a massive hit, spending 13 weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100, and winning a Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal. The album also spawned four more commercially released singles: "The First Night", "Angel of Mine", "Street Symphony", and "Inside". Monica displayed more versatility and growth on this album, experimenting with different genres and styles.

After the Storm (2003)

Monica's third album, After the Storm, was released in 2003, after a series of personal and professional setbacks. The album was a retooled version of her previous album, All Eyez on Me (2002), which had received a Japan-wide release only after its first single's commercial failure and an early leak via the internet. After switching labels to J Records, Monica reworked some of the songs and added new ones to create After the Storm. The album became her first album to debut at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, and eventually sold more than a million copies stateside. The album's lead single, "So Gone", became Monica's biggest-selling single in years, reaching number 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number one on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. The album also featured collaborations with Kanye West, Missy Elliott, DMX, Tyrese, and Lil Jon.

The Makings of Me (2006)

Monica's fourth album, The Makings of Me, was released in 2006. The album was considered a commercial failure by Monica's standards, selling less than 400,000 copies in the United States and failing to produce any significant hits. The album's lead single, "Everytime tha Beat Drop", featuring Atlanta rap group Dem Franchize Boyz, was a departure from Monica's usual sound, incorporating elements of snap music and crunk. The song peaked at number 48 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 11 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. The album's other singles were "A Dozen Roses (You Remind Me)", "Sideline Ho", and "Hell No (Leave Home)", featuring Twista. The album received mixed reviews from critics, who praised Monica's vocals but criticized some of the production choices.

Still Standing (2010) 248dff8e21

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Erin Olszewski
  • Glen Maxwell
    Glen Maxwell
  • Linh Nguyễn
    Linh Nguyễn
  • Nikk
    Nikk
  • Evaa
    Evaa
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page