top of page

Nurse Erin Chat

Public·161 members
Andrew Murphy
Andrew Murphy

Running With The Night [Almighty Remix] UPD

DMC was founded in 1983 and soon established itself as the largest DJ organisation in the world with headquarters in the UK, USA and branches in over 30 countries. In welcoming the new generation of the DJ and club culture, DMC became the first company to embrace the art of remixing and in the process inspired DJs across the globe to become music producers. Welcome to the world of DMC. Serving the global Dance Music Community.

Running With The Night [Almighty Remix]

Double transparent pink colored vinyl LP pressing. The Unmasked Edition comes as a double transparent pink vinyl with printed inner sleeve featuring their 2022 album Masquerade on Disc 1 and exclusive extended remixes from the likes of Shanghai Surprise, Cahill, Almighty, Lamentis, Sebastian Perez and Until Dawn on Disc 2. Pressings are limited to 1000 units and once they run out there will be no further pressings.

Oh dear GodAs we at Xavier strive "To show the way to God through spiritual exercise and discernment", I am reminded of my favorite saying of the prophet Muhammad.God says:"I am just as My servant thinks I am, and I am with him if He remembers Me. If he remembers Me in himself, I too remember him in Myself; and if he remembers Me in a group of people, I remember him in a group that is better than them; and if he comes one span nearer to Me, I go one cubit nearer to him; and if he comes one cubit nearer to Me, I go a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running."

Lord, as gather together we recognize our differences in beliefs, values, and faith traditions, but we honor our unity here tonight with gratitude. Thank you for giving us the ability to love and to be loved, for helping us recognize those little "God moments" in the beauty in the vastness of your creation, and for working in the lives of the leaders around me tonight. The leaders of our clubs, retreats, student affairs, and athletics, among so many more. Thank for inspiring them to make a positive impact on the people and the world around us.

We gather in an even special way tonight to acknowledge the many ways that Xavier has been blessed through the generosity of time, talent and treasure of Mr. Joseph A. Pichler, whom we honor tonight with the 2013 Founders Day Award. And we recognize his wonderful wife Susan, for their longstanding dedication and support!

Well There are lots of guys on the floor tonightWith a lot slicker steps than meThey do the fins to the left fins to the rightEveryone could seeNow my step might be old fashionedBut that's alright with meCause I got a couple of rhumba stepsThat you might like to see

The night was filled with magic as they bid the sea goodbye They swam into the heavens - they stayed up in the sky And all the island people when they wish upon a star See the dolphin and the Jolly Mon who tell them where they are

I took off for a weekend last month Just to try and recall the whole year. All of the faces and all of the places, wonderin' where they all disappeared. I didn't ponder the question too long; I was hungry and went out for a bite. Ran into a chum with a bottle of rum, and we wound up drinkin' all night.

I think about Paris when I'm high on red wine; I wish I could jump on a plane. And so many nights I just dream of the ocean. God, I wish I was sailin' again. Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder, So I can't look back for too long. There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong with these...(to chorus)

'Cause he met up with Meritta, a dancer in from the Coast Half woman, half child, she drove him half wild He loved that lady the most 'Til one night he did find her in the arms of Shrimper Dan So he pulled a knife, took poor Danny's life And then he turned his own cold hand.

Island I see you in all of my dreams But I'm a man with no means to reach your distant shore Island I see you in the moonlight Silhouettes of ships in the night Just make me long that much more To be like you

Neil and Chris first considered basing their musical on the Graham Greene novel Brighton Rock, but they couldn't obtain the rights because someone else had already done so. Jonathan Harvey, however, suggested an original plot—a bisexual love triangle set in a nightclub—as well as the working title, Nightlife. Soon that title was abandoned (though of course the Boys took it for their 1999 album), with the trio eventually settling on Closer to Heaven. Several prospective songs for the musical, including its title song, made their debut on the Nightlife album, while others surfaced in concerts and/or demos that circulated on the Internet.

The show kicks off with a rousing introduction ("My Night") to its London nightclub setting and main characters. Prominent among them is Billie Trix (portrayed by Frances Barber), a fading rock star of the sixties and seventies who now serves the dual function of main attraction and mother figure for the club's habitués. The club's owner is Vic Christian (David Burt), a middle-aged gay father with a grown daughter, Shell (Stacey Roca).

The proceedings begin with a repeated ascending eight-tone scale—"musical shorthand," if you will, for the thoroughly uplifting song now underway. But this is no ordinary musical scale; neither major nor minor, it's a very unusual modal scale (B-C -D-E-F-G-A-B). Not to get too technical about it, but I think one (though probably not Neil or Chris) could call it a "B Locrian modal scale with an augmented second." At any rate, it suggests a very unusual evening ahead—one with a decidedly dark undercurrent. "My Night"—at least in its cast album version—is sung primarily by the character of Billie Trix, and it's a good ol' musical theater stomper, the kind of classic uptempo opening number that assures the audience that they're going to have a good time. It also serves to introduce the nightclub setting, where "nothing is taboo."

Perhaps this is the show's chief opportunity for Chris to slip in one of his patented instrumental dance workouts. It also serves as the bridge between the first and second acts of the musical. At the end of Act 1, it serves as a backdrop to Vic's "hedonistic" return to drink and drugs after having previously given them up at his daughter Shell's behest. And at the start of Act 2, its frantic tempo and repeated cry of the title, "Hedonism!" (followed by a hearty "ho, ho!" laugh) provides the setting for a wild time at the nightclub—an "acrobatic dance routine," as one observer has put it. Chris has claimed that it's Neil shouting the "Hedonism!--ho, ho!" refrain, but it sure doesn't sound like Neil to this listener's ears. Keep in mind that Chris is notorious for speaking with tongue in cheek.

The song "Run Girl Run!" appears only somewhat subtly in Closer to Heaven and the cast album as a mixed-down segment of "K-Hole," which otherwise is an instrumental. But in an elaborate, half-joking scheme to enhance the fictional context of the show, the Pet Shop Boys wrote the song, recorded it with Frances Barber in two versions, and offered the resulting disc for sale (as "Billie Trix's biggest hit") in the lobby at later performances of the show. (The sleeve of this disc is pictured at the right.) The first track was the "original 1971 version" and the other a "1981 post-apocalyptic nightmare remix" (actually a re-recording with a new vocal, which, so the story goes, briefly revived Billie's career in the eighties).

This protest song is, as noted previously, based on photographer Nick Ut's Pulitzer Prize-winning Vietnam War image of a nine-year-old girl running in pain and terror after having been caught in a napalm attack. (The actual name of the girl is Kim Phuc Phan Thi; she survived the incident and has gone on to lead a good life outside of Vietnam.) "Billie" sings some of the most bitterly ironic lyrics that Neil and/or Chris have ever written, which deal with how this young girl's suffering has become her passport to unwitting and unwilling immortality as a nameless media celebrity, an icon of her age.

His stories were rich, oscillating between cartoons with morals, like "Children's Story," and ridiculous slices of life, like "The Moment I Feared." And his swag? He had so much swag it would make you want to kill yourself. Or at least "Lick the Balls," as he invites all crab rappers to do on the song of the same name. Perhaps most groundbreaking, though, was his introduction to hip-hop of the alter ego on the NYC nightclub classic "Mona Lisa," in which he suggests that Slick Rick and MC Ricky Dee are separate people. This archetype would be explored at length by acolytes like Redman, Biggie Smalls, Eminem, and even T.I.

Ready to rock rough rhymes, renegade rapper Redman ripped when it was rhyme time. And it was with addictive alliteration like that, on EPMD's foreboding 1990 classic "Hardcore," that the always frowny-faced Newark MC spectacularly announced his arrival on the scene. However, even before his first recorded appearance, reigning kings like Biz Markie took the young MC around to parties to show off his gift of gab, immortalized in this Queens nightclub recording. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• Erin Olszewski
  • Linh Nguyễn
    Linh Nguyễn
  • Nikk
    Nikk
  • Evaa
    Evaa
  • Aya Ch
    Aya Ch
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page